“A fantastic and easy to use tool for missional thinking for every church community. The chance to re-imagine so many different facets of life is something that every church should make full use of.”
Jeff Reynolds, Methodist Mission Enabler
Our world and our lives change at an ever faster pace, but how does the church respond to this change? Are new ways of being church possible? If so, what might they look like?
mission shaped intro (msi) helps people to reconnect with the communities they are called to serve and to re-imagine the forms of church that are needed for the 21st century. It takes you on a creative and reflective journey looking at the need for new ways of being church.
There are two versions of the course currently available.
msi original offers six 90 - or 120-minutes sessions exploring:
- rediscovering mission: the mission of God as the foundation for any expression of church;
- changing world, changing church: how the church might respond to a world of change and uncertainity;
- re-imagining church - community: the need for fresh expressions of church to develop authentic community in a world shaped by consumerism and individualism;
- re-imagining church - worship: how fresh expressions of church are re-imagining worship;
- discipleship and leadership: how to enable healthy discipleship and leadership within fresh expressions of church;
- where do we go from here?: to provide space for you to consider your response to the course and offer options to what you might do next.
This can be downloaded for free from the Mission Shaped Ministry website. You will be asked to register before downloading.
msi2 incorporates much of the msi original material in five, 90 minute sessions which explore:
- Church and culture - have they become disconnected?
- Mission and church – including a look at ‘what is church?’ and ‘what is mission?’
- Church and Community – thinking about our church community and the community outside our doors – and networks
- Offering a mixed economy – being a missional church
- Where next? – Dreaming BIG – where is God calling us now?
- (Optional module) Worship – what do we mean by ‘worship’ and a practical workshop with prayer stations
msi2 is the result of considerable research. This is the slightly slimmed-down course, which is easy to pick up and, although you will need to prepare for each session, you don't need to be an experienced trainer if you're asked to take the lead. Its flexible, imaginative and easy to use.
Sessions are available to download below but we ask you to register when you download it for the first time.