The ‘Mission Shaped Ministry’ course: Planting and Sustaining Fresh Expressions of Church
“Mission shaped ministry is a brilliant space to reflect on mission in today’s world with others who are creatively thinking about sharing Christ in a range of contexts and situations. It’s even better if you attend it with some others from your team so you can dream and reflect together!”
Jonny Baker, Pioneer Leadership Course, CMS
‘Mission Shaped Ministry’ is a one-year, part-time course which equips, resources and supports those pioneering souls who are beginning or already running a Fresh Expression of church.
The course provides the opportunity for individuals or teams to enroll and learn side-by-side as part of a supportive community – becoming more mission focused and reflecting on what that means for their lives and ministries. The course is ecumenical and open to all – so if you are interested in going deeper in your FX journey then we reckon this course will be right up your street.
Who is it for?
- Those exploring how to being, sustain and grow a fresh expression of church;
- Experienced pioneers who want to reflect on what they are doing;
- Those wanting to learn qualities of Christian ministry
- Christians who want their churches to be more effective in mission;
- All denominations, traditions and ages;
- Urban, suburban and rural contexts.
Features of the course
- Designed for busy Christians;
- Delivered ecumenically;
- Local and national teachers;
- Reflection on your context and story;
- Varied learning styles and resources;
- Coaching, mentoring, learning networks;
- Full materials and extra online material.
- Mission context;
- The mission of God;
- Vision, values and call;
- Starting something new;
- Listening for mission;
- What is church?
- Gospel and culture;
- Team roles and behaviour;
- Spirituality, worship and the sacraments;
- Growing to maturity.
For more information about the course, and to find out how you join a Mission Shaped Ministry course near you you can visit our Mission Shaped Ministry website.
There are a number of courses running around the UK. Follow the links to find out more.
Kent and the South East – beginning September 2017
Online Course – beginning September 2017
West Midlands – beginning September 2017
South Yorkshire (Rotherham) – beginning September 2017
St Albans (Luton) – beginning October 2017
Kingston – begining October 2017
Cambridgeshire and Suffolk – beginning September 2017
Greater Manchester (Bramhall and Wythenshawe) – beginning 2017
Greater Manchester (Ashton Under Lyne) – began April 2017
North Wales 2017 – began January 2017
North and West Yorkshire 2017 – began January 2017
York 2017 – began March 2017
North East 2017 – began January 2017
Lincoln 2017 – began January 2017
If there is not a course in your area, please contact us to register your interest.