- This event has passed.
Fresh Expressions of church at the economic margins: An online ecumenical gathering – Jul23
3 July 2023 @ 7:00 PM - 8:15 PM UTC+0
Aim: An online ecumenical ‘brave’ space for church at the economic margin’s advocates and practitioners of fresh expressions of church hosted by Fresh Expressions and the Methodist church.
Hosted by: Tim Lea, Fresh Expressions Networks facilitator & animator and Eunice Attwood, Church at the Margins Officer, The Methodist Church
- To share what we are noticing about new ways of being church in our communities amongst people experiencing economic poverty.
- To reflect on the lived experience of people experiencing poverty.
- To reflect on nurturing small groups, connecting with our communities beyond the walls of church buildings
- To reflect on the fresh expressions of church journey and values in way which might lead to serving neighbour and neighbour loving Jesus.
- To learn from each other, share good practice and resources
- To be honest about the challenges
- To witness to the need for the wider church to be changed by the gifts of people at the economic margins
- Move beyond the middle-class norms dominating fresh expressions of church in some people’s minds
- There is a real crisis emerging in the cost of living across the UK will result in greater numbers of people being destitute and people experiencing poverty in greater numbers.
- To pray for another
- To build a network which has experience and wisdom to share.
- Open to all denominations
- Church at the economic margin practitioners: People who are nurturing communities amongst people experiencing poverty
- Church at the Margins advocates: People who oversee practitioners, or are influencers in developing work, overseeing policy, or releasing resources.