Help the fx Movement Grow! Come and join us as a paid intern!
Fresh Expressions is a growing movement of everyday people across all denominations, and none, who are starting new mission-shaped Christian communities in every part of life. From new housing to rural, urban to suburban, Messy church and third age to forests, coffee shops, beaches, pubs, barns, online and even church buildings!
With over 30 years’ experience of pioneering in creative and contextual ways accompanied by robust theological research, reflections, and reports on how fresh expressions have gathered and discipled people who weren’t connecting with traditional forms of church; we know all about the challenges and joys of pioneering, but more importantly, we know this approach to mission works.
We’re a grassroots movement filled with people who can’t stop thinking about who isn’t in church and want to do something about it. We’re not a denomination. We’re not a pathway to ordination. We’re a band of misfits, visionaries, prophets, evangelists, and creative entrepreneurs who can see what isn’t there and have the grit and faith to go out, listen, love, serve, tell people about Jesus and work with their new communities to create a new and authentic expression of church that makes sense to them.
Would you like to get to know the breadth, depth, and some of the key people in the fx movement?
Would you like to learn and contribute to this exciting movement of the Holy Spirit?
Would you like to help us grow this movement younger?
Could you develop your networking and coaching skills with us?
- Overall Purpose
We want to see the fx movement flourish. Working with a small team of contractors, the purpose of the Intern is to;
- Raise awareness of what God is doing.
- Spark interest to know more.
- Increase desire to get involved.
- Enable active participation.
- Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- “Climb inside” the wider fx movement through online discussions, gatherings, webinars, publications, and social media and get the know the movement at first hand.
- Shadow the Network facilitator and Animator as they go about their role, when and where appropriate.
- Be part of and contribute to the fx Operations Team’ meetings, fx leadership community, fx Board, denominational learning community, fx gatherings plus any other hubs, webinars or meetings.
- Look to use their own gifts and skills to further the overall purpose of the movement.
- We are particularly keen to connect with a younger and more diverse audience, encouraging them to explore what the Holy Spirit is doing and to join in across the fx movement and beyond.
- Key Relationships & Meetings
- Reporting to the Networking facilitator and Animator
- With fellow fx Operations Team, the fx Leadership Community and the fx Board
- Across the fx movement
- Regular meetings with the fx Operations Team
- Planning and participation at the fx gatherings (in March and Sept)
- Being part of the fx Leadership Community (meets monthly on Zoom and face-to-face in May and Nov)
£100 per 7.5 hour day, up to 10 days/month plus expenses. This role would be working from home with some travel and needing to stay overnight sometimes.
The intern would start in September 2023 for 11 months to end of July 2024.
The application process is a full cv with a cover letter and answering the question, in 300 words, “What I have to offer to the fresh expressions movement”.
The closing date is 29th June 2023 at 5pm. Interviews will be on 6th July 2023 on Zoom. Ideally, there will be an opportunity for the candidate to meet the Chair of the Board and contractors on Friday July 14th in London, 4-5pm.
There is a genuine occupational requirement that this role is fulfilled by a practising Christian.
You can download the above information doc here.